- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and deseeded
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cups basil leaves + extra to serve
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup grated parmesan + extra to serve
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions
- Drain spaghetti reserving ¼ cup cooking water and set pasta aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto, place spinach into a medium heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water, toss until leaves wilt. Drain well and squeeze spinach dry.
- Scoop avocado flesh into a food processor and add spinach, lemon juice, oil, garlic, basil and toasted pine nuts. Process until smooth.
- Stir through parmesan.
- Heat olive oil in the saucepan over medium heat; add tomatoes and cook, tossing, until hot.
- Add spaghetti, reserved pasta water and pesto to pan.
- Gently toss over heat until just combined.
- Place in a large serving bowl and sprinkle with extra basil leaves, grated parmesan and season to taste.
For more Mains recipes go to australianavocados.com.au